Opening to the public: from December 10th 2011 to April 30th 2012
Opening hours: every day from 10 am to 5 pm (ticket office 10 am – 4.30 pm); from April 1st, every day from 10 am to 6 pm (ticket office 10 am – 5.30 pm).
In 1861, thanks to the great work of Antonio Colleoni (1811-1855), then mayor of Murano, and the abbot Vincenzo Zanetti (1824-1883), scholar of glass art – that succeeded in getting aproved by the Municipal Deputation a project to establish an archive to collect all the evidence of history and life of the island – the Glass Museum was founded, located in the ancient Palazzo dei Vescovi in Torcello, Murano.
This important event is now being recalled – exactly 150 years later – with a major exhibition that traces the last century and a half of history, through a succession of nearly 200 works, including the most representative of the Museum’s collection, illustrative of the uniqueness of execution and the value of its creators. Together with these, works of the Biennial, unpublished creations of master glass-makers and factories, as well as new gifts that enrich the chapter of 20th century museum.
The most beautiful works realized in 150 years by: Ars Cenedese, Ballarin Giuliano e Roberto, Barbini Alfredo, Bubacco Lucio, CAM – Pino Signorotto, Caramea, Cenedese Giovanni e Simone, Cenedese Paolo, Dalla Valentina Adriano, De Carlo Giacomo, Elite Murano, Eraldo Mauro, Ferrro Lazzaroni, Fondazione di Venezia, Fratelli Toso, Galliano Ferro, Moretti Carlo e Giovanni, Moretti Vincenzo, Panizzi Eugenio, Progetto Vetrodausare, Ragazzi & C., Rosin Loredano e Dino, Rubino Silvano, Salvadore Davide, Salvadori Diego, Seguso Giampaolo, Seguso Vetri d’arte, Seguso Viro, Studio Salvadore, Tagliapietra Lino, Toso Borella Marco, Toso Fei Giuseppe, P. Paolo, Mattia e Renzo, Zecchin Francesco.
Enrico (email@example.com) - Casa del Miele - Bed and Breakfast Venezia Venice Venedig Venise Venecia (agriturismo, albergo, hotel, affittacamere, camere, alloggio, soggiorno, guesthouse, hostel, rooms)www.casadelmiele.com